The World DVD premiere of the long lost British horror spoof – the original Scary Movie.
What in Hell is going on at Headstone Manor? In this hilarious spoof of every horror fan’s favourite films, a team of mad scientists, led by Dr. Lukas Mandeville (Kenny Everett) and his assistant Dr. Barbara Coyle (Pamela Stephenson) are investigating paranormal phenomena in the mysterious manor. Unknown to the scientists, their presence is about to incur the wrath of a local coven of bumbling but determined Satanists led by a 700-year-old disciple of the Devil known only as the Sinister Man (Vincent Price), all of whom are prepared to stop at nothing in purging the house of the unwelcome intruders.
Scripted by Barry Cryer (The Two Ronnies; The Kenny Everett Television Show), BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH is a killer mixture of gross-out horror, shameless Carry On-style comedy and more than a little bit of kitsch zaniness. It revels in its merciless parodies of a lengthy checklist of horror and genre movies such as Alien, The Entity, Carrie, An American Werewolf in London, Jaws and The Shining.
Never before released on DVD anywhere in the world and now remastered from the original vault negatives, BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH stars a whole host of familiar faces from British film and television including influential radio DJ and comedian Kenny Everett, Pamela Stephenson (Superman III; Not the Nine O’Clock News), Gareth Hunt (The New Avengers), Don Warrington (Grange Hill; Rising Damp), John Fortune (Bremner, Bird and Fortune), Sheila Steafel (The Ghosts of Motley Hall), Cleo Rocos (The Kenny Everett Television Show; Celebrity Big Brother), Graham Stark (the Pink Panther movies) and horror legend, Vincent Price.
– Brand New High Definition Transfer from the Newly Discovered Original Vault Negatives
– Widescreen (1.85:1) Presentation Enhanced for 16×9 TVs
– Newly Created Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
– Original English 2.0 Mono
– Optional English Subtitles for the Hard of Hearing
– Running the Bloodbath: A Brand New Documentary featuring interviews with – Executive Producers Stuart Donaldson and Laurence Myers, featuring rare Kenny Everett Archive footage.
– 2 x Original Theatrical Trailers
– Original Film Script (in .pdf format)
– RSDL dual layer high bit rate encode for optimum picture quality
– Image Gallery
– Region 0